Patented flexcore technology
- Adds strength and damage resistance to Pads.
- Lightest weight reinforcing structure in the industry.
- Pads remain flexible and easy to roll up (perhaps the biggest feature of the ALP’s).
- This structure has no roll-memory – Pads lay flatter quicker when unrolled.
- Provides pads with “ripstop” feature (liken to ripstop nylon fabrics in tents).
All Aqua Lily Pad two-layer foam products contain our proprietary FlexCore Technology, a mesh layer that adds reinforcement to the foam providing damage-proof and ripstop attributes – similar to ripstop nylon used in tents. FlexCore adds strength without adding weight or roll memory to the pad.
We have seen other pads on the market that describe a woven fabric in the core or on the surface. This type of fabric adds weight to the product, as much as 10 lbs., but more importantly, it makes those pads difficult to roll up. These fabrics also add stiffness causing pads to exhibit “roll memory.” Roll Memory is where the pad looks like a two-ended toboggan on the water, as the pad does not want to lay flat.
FlexCore has no memory, only roll memory from the foam, and thus when unrolled for use, our pads lay out flatter, quicker on the water.
Patented tether snap system
- Proprietary Tether Snap (grommet) System (fully installed with purchase).
- Our Heavy-Duty Nylon Spring Clip for tethering will never corrode.
- Made with engineered plastic with no sharp edges.
- Will not heat up in sun or cause burns like metal “D” rings.
- One Time Snap feature – provides an easy installation, if you decide on a second tether system for your pad. Find it in the accessories page
At Aqua Lily Pad, we continually strive to evolve our products, finding ways to make them better, safer, and more durable. Because of this philosophy, Aqua Lily Products designed and invested in the development of a proprietary Tether Snap (grommet) mold.
The primary tether system comes factory installed on our pads and has no sharp edges or points. Also, because it is not metal, it does not get excessively hot in direct sunlight nor does it pose an impact hazard to exposed body parts.
We found that Metal “D-Rings”, used by our competitors as a grommet for their tether systems, have sharp components that kids can cut themselves on, or provide a potential for knocking out teeth. These Metal “D” rings also can get very hot from the sun. Why do competitors use them? Because they are readily available out of China and they are inexpensive. We choose not to use them for safety reasons, and as such, we designed our own durable tether system.
Aqua Lily Products also uses a heavy duty superior marine grade nylon spring clip which will never corrode in fresh nor salt water environments.
If the customer prefers a second tether system, the design incorporates a “one-time snap” design that is easily installed when purchased as an accessory. When considering placement of an additional Tether Kit, caution needs to be taken as to not put additional strain on your pad from both ends. The bungee tether system performs as a shock absorber as the pad moves freely when being played on. As such, when tethering ensures there is adequate slack in the bungee when tethering.
Patented UV stabilized graphic film
- Our specialty printed graphic film is the first line of defense against the degradation effects of the sun.
- The Proprietary Stabilization Package is proven 3-5 years in hot climates such as California (pursuant to care and use instructions as outlined in Owner’s Manual).
- All of the pads we sell come with our proprietary, multi-component, UV stabilization Package.
- “Aqua Lily Pad” and our Yellow / Green color combination are Registered Trade Marks from the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office.
Our graphic film and foam contain a proprietary, multi-component, UV Stabilization Package that aids in the protection of the foam surface from sun damage. Pads sold in the market, with or without graphics, DO NOT contain this proprietary UV Stabilization Package. For this reason, our tests reveal that no other product has the surface longevity of the Aqua Lily Pad. Our Proprietary UV Package was designed for, and has proven to exceed, 3-5 years outdoors in southern climates (California), pursuant to proper care and use as outlined in our Owner’s Manual. Longer periods (4-8 years) are being experienced in less sun intensive and seasonal climates.
The Aqua Lily Pad name, including our foam color combination (Yellow / Green), have been certified as Registered Trade Marks (Reg. No. 4,476,351) from the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office.